Friday, October 13, 2006

getting my intel web cam to work on suse10.1 or sled10

My intel web cam which is really a viewquest technologies CS330 is now working. I followed a lot of wrong info because it was old.
First off, since I have SLED10 I have a 2.6.16.21 kernel. Everything I found about the CS330 said to use spca5xx but it turns out that is only for kernels previous to 2.6.12. So AFTER I got gspca from this site then I was able to follow the instructions that this guy gave. Basically, just

make clean
make
then as root:
make install
modprobe gspca

the last line in the only one I had to change. He said to load the module spca5xx but that is not what was built it was gspca.

Then I started gnomemeeting and there was the cam that would not show up before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home