Wednesday, January 10, 2007

DVD Authoring

Well, my wife wanted me to get some dvd authoring done. So I tried a bunch of tools and here is what I learned. Most of the Vidoe editors won't let you read an avi file. I finally used kmenc15 to concatenate several files into larger ones. Wish that was easier in the tools. Then Tried multiple Authoring tools. Most of which want dv or the like but KMediaFactory and QDVDAuthor seem to be the front runners for me. kmediafactory failed the first time I tried to use it because I was missing a utility that one of my packages said it had installed. Fixed that and it worked nicely. Problem: No animated menus. Too bad aside from that it was fantastic. I think I will see if I can help add them. I also learned about DVDAuthor, a command line utility that authors a dvd based on the contents of an xml file.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home