Thursday, August 23, 2007

Restoring your Firefox session on normal startup.

While I was trying to figure out why the close buttons were not showing up on each tab in firefox 2 like they are supposed to for me, I found this great little piece of information about getting firefox to restore you last session even on a normal startup. I had noticed that it would restore your session after an abnormal shutdown and had wished it would do the same thing on normal startup. Well, here it is. It is buried under Caveats on this discussion of the Browser.sessionstore.enabled setting.

For those not familiar with firefox, there are all these extra settings that you can get to by typing:

about:config

in the url box at the top.
then you can type a search in the text box that comes up if you know the setting or some part of the setting you are after.

For this feature you have to make sure browser.sessionstore.enabled is set to true.

Then you need to set browser.startup.page to 3. that is it.


Now if I can just get the close buttons to show up on the tabs I will be set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home